Fernery sentence example
- Ascog Hall fernery and Garden Isle of Bute Award-winning restored Victorian fernery and gardens... .
- It thrives in shady spots on the rock garden or the hardy fernery, in sandy peat.
- These Ferns should be placed in the snuggest quarters of the hardy fernery, and care should be taken to protect them during severe cold.
- Depressed shady nooks in the rock garden or the hardy fernery suit it admirably.
- O. vulgatum is a native Fern not often seen in gardens; found in most meadows; and the best position for it therefore is in colonies in the hardy fernery or the moist stiff soil in the rock garden.Advertisement
- Woody spots near a fernery or a rock garden suit it; it grows readily among shrubs, and in the mixed border.
- Any of the Pyrolas are worth growing in thin mossy copses on light sandy vegetable soil, or in moist and half-shady parts of the rock garden or the fernery, where they make neat evergreen carpets, flowering in summer.
- It is fit for the hardy fernery, shady peat borders, near cascades, or among shrubs, and grows in any moist soil.
- O. japonicum, an elegant Japanese Fern, often grown in the greenhouse, is hardy in the outdoors fernery.
- Selaginella - A few hardy kinds of this large family of Lycopods are valuable for carpeting the fernery or clothing shady spots in the rock garden.Advertisement
- Vancouveria - V. hexandra is a most graceful and distinct plant, 10 to 18 inches high, with light fern-like leaves and slender spikes of pale flowers, and is a charming plant for the fernery and rock garden, best in peaty soil.
- It is scarcely refined enough in leaf for the flower garden, but is effective near the rougher approaches of a hardy fernery, in open glades near woodland walks, or in any like position.
- Woodwardias thrive under the ordinary conditions of the hardy fernery, and succeed in a shady position if they have a light peaty soil that is moist in summer.