Fermentable sentence example
- Loew, who prepared in 1885 a sweet, unfermentable syrup, which he named formose, C6H120e and, later, by using magnesia instead of lime, he obtained the fermentable methose.
- The cyanhydrin is hydrolysable to an acid, the lactone of which may be reduced by sodium amalgam to a glucoheptose, a non-fermentable sugar containing seven carbon atoms. By repeating the process a non-fermentable gluco-octose and a fermentable glucononose may be prepared.
- - Glucose is readily fermentable.
- Alcohol is produced by fermentation from vegetable substances containing starch or sugar, from fermentable sugars produced by the hydrolysis of cellulosic bodies, and synthetically from calcium carbide and from the ethylene contained in coal and coke-oven gases.
- W.) having given up the specializations of func tion impressed on them during evolution and simply carrying out the fundamental functions of nutrition, growth, and multiplication which mark the generalized activities of the bacterial cell, and at the same time rendered as accessible to the environment by isolation and consequent extension of surface, we should doubtless find them exerting changes in the fermentable fluids necessary to their life similar to those exerted by an equal mass of bacteria, and that in proportion to their approximation in size to the latter.Advertisement
- Components contributing most to the caries process are fermentable carbohydrates including cooked starches, added or naturally occurring sugars.
- Honey's fermentable carbohydrates, including oligosaccharides, may be the keys to this action.
- In bakery mixes Meritose provides a source of fermentable sugars to promote yeast activity and it may be used to substitute sucrose economically.
- or are they not generated from the organic, but the non-organized constituents of the fermentable liquid?