Feoffee sentence example
- The essential elements were livery of seisin (delivery of possession), which consisted in formally giving to the feoffee on the land a clod or turf, or a growing twig, as a symbol of the transfer of the land, and words by the feoffor declaratory of his intent to deliver possession to the feoffee with a "limitation" of the estate intended to be transferred.
- Livery in law was made not on but in sight of this land, the feoffor saying to the feoffee, "I give you that land; enter and take possession."
- Livery in law, in order to pass the estate, had to be perfected by entry by the feoffee during the joint lives of himself and the feoffor.
- if a person attempted to give to the feoffee a greater estate than he himself had in the land, he forfeited the estate of which he was seised.
- Early in 1417 Selman quit-claimed to Chirch, the only other surviving feoffee.Advertisement