Fenwick sentence example
- Fenwick Williams. In 1861 he became director-general of engineers at the War Office, assisting General Milutin in the reorganization of the army.
- He opposed the prosecution of Sir John Fenwick, but supported the action taken by members of both Houses in defence of William's rights in the same year.
- Sir William Fenwick Williams >>
- Fenwick, went out to look for Sidneys force, and were surprised by a large number of dervishes.
- Fenwick, with some 40 officers and men, seized an isolated hill and held it through the night, repulsing the dervishes, who were the same nigl~t driven back with such heavy loss in attacking Lloyds zeriba that they retired to the hills, and comparative quiet again reigned at Suakin.Advertisement
- The market day was altered to Tuesday in 1662, and Sir William Fenwick, then lord of the manor, received a grant of a cattle market on the Tuesday after the feast of St Cuthbert in March and every Tuesday fortnight until the feast of St Martin.
- Coal mines which had belonged to the archbishop, were sold to Sir John Fenwick, Kt., in 1628.
- Eventually the matter was referred to an Anglo-Russian commission, of which Colonel Williams (afterwards Sir Fenwick Williams of Kars) was president.
- Fenwick, bishop cf Boston, and chartered in 1865; in 1910 it had 30 instructors and 450 students.
- Fenwick of Bywell, Northumberland.Advertisement
- This early experiment in colonization at Saybrook and the sale by Fenwick are important on account of their relation to a fictitious land title.
- But the Connecticut authorities in their effort to establish a legal claim to the country and to thwart the efforts of the Hamilton family to assert its claims to the territory between the Connecticut river and Narragansett Bay - claims derived from a grant of the Plymouth Company to James, marquess of Hamilton (1606-1649) in 1635 - elaborated the theory that the Plymouth Company had made a grant to Warwick, and that consequently his quit claim conferred jurisdiction upon the Say and Sele Company; but even in this event, Fenwick had no right to make his sale, for which he never secured confirmation.
- Perry collects gong - May 04 Perry Fenwick collected a Soap Award on behalf of the Eastender's cast.
- 1 The sale was probably illegal as it was never confirmed; and it does not appear that the earl of Warwick had ever had title to the land to convey to the company of which Fenwick was agent.
- In 1639 George Fenwick (d.Advertisement
- For more on this subject, you may consult this article by Fenwick, et al.