Fending sentence example
- He wasn't trying to be rude; he was merely fending off an uncomfortable subject.
- Every ounce of willpower went into fending off hysteria.
- He compared his conduct in that great post to that of a man floating down a river and fending off from his vessel, as well as he could, the various obstacles it encountered.
- Being sent out into the wilderness for a night of camping and fending for themselves.
- Crusoe's shipwreck and adventures, his finding the footprint in the sand, his man "Friday," - the whole atmosphere of romance which surrounds the position of the civilized man fending for himself on a desert island - these have made Defoe's great work an imperishable part of English literature.Advertisement
- Seedhouse, meanwhile, was successfully fending off Robertson with Tim Jones struggling along behind, still short on traction.
- They have a history of battling not only aggressive neighbors, but also fending off the North Sea.
- fending off competition from more than 500 applicants.
- Uber was aggressive and creative in recruiting drivers, iterating its apps and fending off counterstrikes by entrenched taxi companies.
- He's busy fending off a robot apocalypse by rejecting all modern technology.Advertisement
- As the numbers grow, the party becomes more capable of fending off the hosts of increasingly strong monsters they find, including boss characters and other tough baddies.
- In the seventh season finale, Hammond captained the ship as she shielded the SG-1 team drilling through the ice, fending off Anubis armada long enough for the team to activate the ancient weapon.