Felted sentence example
- By means of a piece of stretched rubber tubing, this crucible is supported in the mouth of an ordinary funnel which is connected with an exhausting apparatus; and water holding in suspension fine scrapings of asbestos, purified by boiling with strong hydrochloric acid and washing with water, is run through it, so that the perforated bottom is covered with a layer of felted asbestos.
- When the alga is predominant it forms felted patches on the bark of trees, the Laudatea form.
- The process goes on until a relatively small quantity of water has by instalments dissolved and hydrated the 2CaSO 4 H 2 O, and has deposited CaSO 4.2H 2 O in felted crystals forming a solid mass well cemented together.
- In Clavularia and its allies each outgrowth contains several solenia, and the outgrowths may take the form of flat expansions, composed of a number of solenial tubes felted together to form a lamellar surface of attachment.
- Made from felted wool with handmade felt bobbles, it is satin lined with a magnetic fastening.Advertisement
- cape made from felted wool with the second, shorter layer being of lace.
- I design and make felted fabric using natural fibers, and use the felt to create functional as well as decorative art pieces.
- Laura Brittain Laura's felted bags are all handcrafted from 100% pure merino wool.
- The spores on germination make a white felted mat, more or less dense, of mycelium; this, when compacted with dry, half-decomposed dung, is the mushroom spawn of gardeners.
- Thanks to the delay caused by this crossing of the wolf's path, the old dog with its felted hair hanging from its thigh was within five paces of it.Advertisement
- Laura Brittain Laura 's felted bags are all handcrafted from 100% pure merino wool.
- Decorator pillows are typically woven, but they can also be knitted or felted.
- The leaves, which are broadly lanceolate, are about 9 inches in length and 2 1/2 inches broad, dark green above, and felted with dimcolored tomentum below.
- In fact, archaeologists have unearthed clothing and other items made out of felt that were extremely well-preserved due to the craftsmanship and sturdiness of the felted wool.
- You can make felted items by subjecting knitted or crocheted pieces, such as purses or scarves, to hot, slightly soapy water and agitation.Advertisement
- An Internet search will elicit hundreds more patterns for felted items.
- Hats, mittens, and scarves are also easily felted.
- When they come out, they will be felted.