Felsite sentence example
- It is worthy of note that the dykes and sheets of felsite are seldom pierced by the basalt dykes and are probably about the most recent of the intrusive rocks.
- The orthoschists are white mica-schists produced by the shearing of acid rocks, such as felsite and porphyry.
- In the south of the island there are sills and dykes of felsite, quartz-porphyry, rhyolite, trachyte and pitchstone.
- The felsite sheets are well represented in Holy Island.
- These are penetrated by intrusions of granitic and felsitic character; one of these masses in Papa Stour is a handsome pink felsite.Advertisement
- Igneous rocks are not extensively developed; in Wales they form an important feature and occur in considerable thickness; they are represented by lavas of olivine-diabase and by contemporaneous tuffs which are traversed by later granite and quartz felsite.
- Tertiary-aged dolerite and felsite dikes occur throughout the area and have a strike of NW-SE.
- felsite dike immediately on the coast.