Felonies sentence example
- In those days victims of robberies constantly compounded with felonies and paid blackmail to thieves, promising not to prosecute on the restitution of a portion of the stolen property.
- Stubbs says of it: "The law of dower, of advowson, of appeal for felonies, is largely amended; the institution of justices of assize is remodelled, and the abuses of manorial jurisdiction repressed; the statute De religiosis, the statutes of Merton and Gloucester, are amended and re-enacted.
- Capital punishment was confined to treason and murder; the former was not to be attended by corruption of blood, drawing, or quartering; all other felonies were made punishable by confinement and hard labour, save a few to which was applied, against Jefferson's desire, the principle of retaliation.
- The first constables appointed were 3000 in number, who, when sworn in, enjoyed all the powers of the old constables under the common law, for preserving the peace, preventing robberies and other felonies, and apprehending offenders.
- In the case of capital felonies other than murder the recording of sentence of death has the effect of a reprieve by the court.Advertisement
- Many states classify all identity theft related crimes as felonies, which can be punishable by serious prison time.
- Sheen has since been released, but still has go in front of the judge in February to face the two felonies and one misdemeanor for which he is currently being charged.
- Two days later, however, Simpson was arrested and charged with several felonies.
- One police force known as the Guardia di Finanza, was originally put in place to deal with financial felonies.