Fellow-men sentence example
- As I did not teach for the good of my fellow-men, but simply for a livelihood, this was a failure.
- Great as were his eloquence, his knowledge and his financial skill, Gladstone was accustomed to say of himself that the only quality in which, so far as he knew, he was distinguished from his fellow-men was his faculty of concentration.
- In his lectures he excluded mental philosophy and included the whole sphere of moral obligation, dealing with man's duty to God and to his fellow-men in the light of Christian teaching.
- The Lord's Prayer in its oldest and simplest form is the expression of its faith, and Christ's separation of mankind on the right hand and on the left in accordance with their service or refusal of service to their fellow-men is its own judgment of the right of any age or church to the name Christian.
- When man has advanced so far as to be sensitive to the opinions of his fellow-men, their approbation and disapprobation reinforce the influence of natural selection.Advertisement
- Driven inwards upon themselves, they employed their energy in severe self-examination, or they cultivated resignation to the will of the universe, and towards their fellow men forbearance and forgiveness and humility, the virtues of the philanthropic disposition.
- He is too haughty to listen to truth from the lips of any of his fellow men.
- Man seeks to influence his fellow men in various ways, by intimidation, by deceit, by bribery; and it is quite natural to find the same ideas in the sphere of religion.
- The ideal of Deuteronomy is a community of which every member is full of love and reverence towards his God, and of sympathy and regard for his fellow-men.
- One night he left the beautiful palace which his father had given to him and went out into the world to do good and to help his fellow men.Advertisement
- I thought they desired the freedom of their fellow men as well as their own.
- So it was not because of Napoleon's commands that they killed their fellow men.
- What made those people burn houses and slay their fellow men?