Fell-short sentence example
- In a gigantic system embracing hundreds of monasteries and thousands of monks, and spread over all the countries of western Europe, without any organic bond between the different houses, and exposed to all the vicissitudes of the wars and conquests of those wild times, to say that the monks often fell short of the ideal of their state, and sometimes short of the Christian, and even the moral standard, is but to say that monks are men.
- In this particular the execution on June 15 fell short of the original conception, for at nightfall about one-third of the French army was still on the right bank of the river.
- He Fell Short Of Being A Truly Great Poet, Inasmuch As Great Poetry Must, Which His Does Not, Touch Life At Many Points, But His Verses Are Marked By The Qualities That Belonged To The Man Sincerity, Purity, Seriousness.
- theoretical knowledge fell short of their practical accomplishment.
- In certain scholarship examinations held formerly by the London County Council a percentage was added to the marks of each candidate proportionate to the number of months by which his age fell short of the maximum age for entry.Advertisement
- He was certainly a very good soldier, and is said to have excelled in all athletic exercises, but he fell short of being a first-rate general.
- He fell short of Edward I.
- Locke's asthma was aggravated by the air of London; and the course of public affairs disappointed him, for the settlement at the Revolution fell short of his ideal.
- Salvian was a 5th-century socialist of the most extreme type, and a zealous ascetic who pitilessly scourged everything that fell short of an exalted morality, and exaggerated, albeit unconsciously, the faults that he desired to eradicate.
- Payne said there were no immediate plans to use reverse auctions, but fell short of ruling them out completely (see News ).Advertisement
- The Statute of Autonomy fell short of the self-rule that basque nationalism demanded.
- Thus in 1902 (51) the percentage of cases in which q fell short of I was 30 at Trieste, 33 at Vienna, and 35 at Kremsmunster; at Innsbruck q was less than I on 58 days out of 98.
- I figured the story would be nearly as strong as the first Half-life, but the sequel fell short in a couple ways.
- Here's another area Ridge Racer DS fell short.
- Unfortunately, the studio fell short in storyline by making it stray from any ties to the first movie.Advertisement
- It fell short of that and came in 5th place.