Felixstowe sentence example
- Cromer is the best-known locality, but it occurs also on other parts of the Norfolk coast, as well as at Yarmouth, Southwold, Aldeburgh and Felixstowe in Suffolk, and as far south as Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex, whilst northwards it is not unknown in Yorkshire.
- FELIXSTOWE, a seaside resort of Suffolk, England; fronting both to the North Sea and to the estuary of the Orwell, where there are piers.
- Pop. of urban district of Felixstowe and Walton (1901), 5815.
- Felixstowe `.
- - Early in the 4th century it was necessary to establish a special coast defence, reaching from the Wash to Spithead, against Saxon pirates: there were forts at Brancaster, Borough Castle (near Yarmouth), Bradwell (at the mouth of the Colne and Blackwater), Reculver, Richborough, Dover and Lymme (all in Kent), Pevensey in Sussex, Porchester near Portsmouth, and perhaps also at Felixstowe in Suffolk.Advertisement
- A sixth distinct place is the outlying hamlet of Felixstowe Ferry on the Deben; St Nicholas is here.
- outlying hamlet of Felixstowe Ferry on the Deben; St Nicholas is here.
- Felixstowe itself has five parish churches, including the Suffolk Anglo-catholic flagship of St John the Baptist, and the militantly Protestant St Andrew.
- recorders around the county Location: Felixstowe.
- Records from recorders around the county Location: Felixstowe.Advertisement