Feign sentence example
- Cassie drew her brows down to feign a stern expression.
- The kids always feign sleep when I go in to check on them.
- If they served something she couldn't eat, she'd feign illness.
- I wish you wouldn't feign illness on every first day of school.
- If you're feeling down, feign a quick smile to help boost your mood.Advertisement
- Some animals, like the possum, feign death when they face danger.
- To feign your own death is cruel to those who love and know you.
- Christy would feign a laugh every time her boyfriend made a joke, no matter how funny it was.
- She tried to feign innocence but her eyes were probably full of mischief instead.
- My cousin would always feign excitement when we came to visit, but I knew she really didn't like sharing her room.Advertisement
- I had to feign being busy when he called, because I was not in the mood to talk.
- Do n't feign incompetence around the house in some feeble attempt to get her to " do it for you " .
- I would simply feign an inability to decide which of two playthings I really wanted.
- Identity, then, whether of self or object, there is none, and the supposition of objects, distinct from impressions, is but a further consequence of our " propensity to feign."
- They are entirely insectivorous, bask on the broiling hot sand and then can run fast enough; otherwise they are sluggish, dig themselves into the sand by a peculiar shuffling motion of the fringed edges of their flattened bodies, and when surprised they feign death.Advertisement
- Whatever permanence or identity is ascribed to an impression or idea is the result of association, is one of those " propensities to feign " which are due to natural connexions among ideas.
- I would never feign a relationship with someone merely for personal gain.
- Please don't always feign happiness with me, I want you to be genuine.