Featureless sentence example
- Elsewhere the floor of the valley is a featureless, treeless plain.
- All forms of monism from Plotinus downwards tend to ignore personal individuality and volition, and merge all finite existence in the featureless unity of the Absolute; this, indeed, is what inspires the passion of the protest against monism.
- The criticisms of Fichte, and more particularly of Hegel (in the "Vorrede" to the Pheinomenologie des Geistes), point to the fatal defect in the conception of the absolute as mere featureless identity.
- Nevertheless these two insignificant works, as points to hold and lines to defend on an otherwise featureless battlefield, became the centres of gravity of the battle.
- A silhouette is an outline of a person or object with a featureless interior.Advertisement
- Repeated air-raids took place in the vicinity and there were several bombardments from the sea, but Richborough itself was never seriously damaged, the low-lying, featureless character of the marshland probably affording its best protection, more especially at night.
- But his advice was neglected by the vacillating and peace-loving monarch, his proffered proclamation was put aside, and a weak, featureless production substituted in its place.
- Compared with the rugged and picturesque scenery of the Lower Carboniferous rocks, that of the Coal Measures is, as a rule, featureless and monotonous.
- But the featureless desert led many Tomahawks to wander away like so many lost patrols, according to Pentagon studies.
- After more tiresome wading through the endless snowdrift we reached the featureless tump of Pen Twyn Glas 646m.Advertisement
- The gray featureless sky in the picture opposite, shows an example this thicker altostratus.