Feast of tabernacles sentence example
feast of tabernacles
- At the feast of tabernacles of 132 Hyrcanus requested and Antiochus granted a week's truce.
- As he was reading the Law at the feast of tabernacles he burst into tears at the words " Thou mayest not set a stranger over thee which is not thy brother "; and the people cried out, " Fear not, Agrippa; thou art our brother."
- But everything pointed to the destruction of the city, which one Jesus had prophesied at the feast of tabernacles in 62.
- 13 seq., it is termed the Feast of Tabernacles and is to be kept seven days after the produce of the threshing-floor and winepress has been gathered in.
- The Feast of Tabernacles is one of the few Jewish festivals, described in classical writers.Advertisement
- 16 sees the remnant of all the nations coming up to Jerusalem to worship the Lord of Hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- Now the new era begins, and even the heathen do homage to Yahweh by bringing due tribute to the annual feast of tabernacles.
- The annual festivals are the passover, the harvest feast, the Baala Mazalat or feast of tabernacles (during which, however, no booths are built), the day of covenant or assembly and Abraham's day.
- 4 would then be identical with the feast of Tabernacles mentioned in vii.
- The feast of tabernacles brings fresh disputes in Jerusalem, and an attempt is made to arrest Jesus.Advertisement
- But the enthusiasm with which the people received him at the Feast of Tabernacles convinced Herod of the danger; and the youth was drowned by order of the king at Jericho.
- Finally, when he officiated as high priest at the feast of tabernacles he roused the fury of the people by a derisive breach of the Pharisaic ritual.