Fearfully sentence example
- She gazed at him fearfully, terrified he was leaving her.
- Jim hesitated, eyeing the beasts fearfully.
- The decade of anarchy which followed 1641 stimulated this tendency fearfully.
- We must have in us enough reverence for all things outside us to make us tread fearfully on the grass.
- Carmen tried to stay optimistic, but a part of her mind lingered fearfully on the thought that he might remain in a coma the rest of his life.Advertisement
- When combined with the solidifying effect of a fixed energy, Scorpios translate their emotional energy into something fearfully deep.
- Bianca looked fearfully at the pregnant blonde, whose blood already soaked her clothing, then at the waiting devil beside her.
- His mind, excitable by nature, very imperfectly disciplined by education, and exposed to the enthusiasm which was then epidemic in England, began to be fearfully disordered.
- Burke, Wills and King, when they found themselves so fearfully left alone and unprovided in the wilderness, wandered about in that district till near the end of June.
- It proceeded much more rapidly after the restraining influence of the missions was removed, leaving them free to revert to savagery; and the downward progress of the race was fearfully accelerated during the mining period, when they were abused, depraved, and in large numbers killed.Advertisement
- I wrote timidly, fearfully, but resolutely, urged on by my teacher, who knew that if I persevered, I should find my mental foothold again and get a grip on my faculties.
- The pestilence was fearfully severe.