Fawns sentence example
- Pairing takes place in August, but the fawns are not born till the following May.
- For its production and metallurgy see Sydney Fawns, Tin Deposits of the World; A.
- His habit was, as he said, faire son theme en deux fawns, and he xlx.
- They attack tame poultry and also young fawns.
- A majestic buck, several dark does, a couple of spindly-legged fawns.Advertisement
- Females do not always allow other fawns to suckle, often they behave aggressively toward them.
- Coyotes are creatures of slinking and stealthy habits, living in burrows in the plains, and hunting in packs at night, when they utter yapping cries and blood-curdling yells as they gallop. Hares ("jack-rabbits"), chipmunks or ground-squirrels, and mice form a large portion of their food; but coyotes also kill the fawns of deer and prongbuck, as well as sage-hens and other kinds of game-birds.
- Therefore common natural colors include rich creams and deep fawns and beiges.
- A cursory inspection of the bird, which is not unfrequently brought alive to Europe, its size, and its enormous bill and talons, at once suggest the vast powers of destruction imputed to it, and are enough to account for the stories told of its ravages on mammals - sloths, fawns, peccaries and spidermonkeys.
- Bucks and does live apart except during the pairingseason; and the doe produces one or two, and sometimes three fawns at a birth.Advertisement
- Although new-born fawns are spotted, the adults are in the main uniformly coloured; the general tint of the coat at all seasons being reddish tawny with a more or less marked tendency to grey.