Favus sentence example
- In the disease of the scalp called favus, Schonlein had discovered a minute mycelial fungus; a remarkable discovery, for it was the first conspicuous step in the attribution of diseases to the action of minute parasites.
- It can also be used with advantage in inoperable uterine cancer, favus and lupus, and as an injection in gonorrhoea and suppurative conditions of the ear.
- favus distillans labia tus, mel et lac sub lingua tua.
- Hexagonal areoles giving a honeycomb effect can be seen in the three-sided diatom Triceratium favus.
- Schdnlein's positive contributions to medical science were not large; but he made in 1839 one discovery, apparently small, but in reality most suggestive, namely, that the contagious disease of the head called favus is produced by the growth in the hair of a parasitic fungus.Advertisement