Favourer sentence example
- Alphonso was at once a patron of the church, and a protector if not a favourer of the Mahommedans, who formed a large part of his subjects.
- He that shall do contrary to this shall likewise be punished as a favourer of heresy and error."
- Like him he was a poet, and a favourer of poets.
- In character and interests he was rather Provencal than Spanish, a favourer of the troubadours, no enemy of the Albigensian heretics, and himself a poet in the southern French dialect.
- He was a favourer of the troubadours, and in his ways of life he indulged in the laxity of Provençal morals to the fullest extent.Advertisement
- Probably Evander was identical with the god Faunus (the "favourer"), and the tale of his Arcadian origin was due to the desire to establish connexion with Greece; the name of his reputed mother (or wife) Carmenta is genuinely Italian.
- He was a favourer of the troubadours, and in his ways of life he indulged in the laxity of ProvenÃ§al morals to the fullest extent.