Fault-line sentence example
- The Wasatch Mountain range constitutes the eastern margin of the Great Basin in central and northern Utah, and resembles the true basin ranges in that it is formed by a great block of the earth's crust uptilted along a north-south fault-line.
- During the current cycle of erosion, several of the faults, whose scarps had been worn away in the previous cycle, have been brought to light again as topographic features by the removal of the weak strata along one side of the fault line, leaving the harder strata on the other side in relief; such scarps are known as fault-line scarps, in distinction from the original fault scarps.
- This western shore is marked by a continuous fault line which runs parallel to the lake at a short distance inland.
- jagging fault line between them.
- Palestine is now a key fault line in US imperialism's effort to establish ' full spectrum dominance ' around the world.Advertisement