Fatwa sentence example
- He denied earlier reports he had issued a fatwa, or formal religious edict.
- fatwa that the man should be killed.
- Abu Muhammad ibn Abi Zayd gave a fatwa to kill a man who was listening to some people discussing what the Prophet looked like.
- fatwa said only that citizens should refrain from looting.
- Let us read the fatwa of Sheikh Haitham Al-Haddad, dated 5 June 2004 and published on the MAB website.Advertisement
- fatwa imposed on a British citizen, Salman Rushdie, then the full transnationality of the religion is illustrated.
- I would hope that you would be able to resolve the issue without calling for a fatwa.
- A fatwa of Ibn Taimiyya (d.
- 762 at Medina against the 'Abbasids, Malik gave a fatwa, or legal opinion, that the oath of allegiance to the `Abbasids was invalid, as extorted by force.
- Nevertheless his descendants were left in possession of their ancestor's dominions; and till 1170 Kerman, to which belonged also the opposite coast of Oman, enjoyed a well-ordered government, except for a short interruption caused by the deposition of Iran Shah, who had embraced the tenets of the Ismailites, and was put to death (IIoi) in accordance with a fatwa of the ulema.Advertisement
- - Rene Dussaud, Histoire de la religion des Nosairis (Paris, 1900); St Guyard, "Le Fatwa d'Ibn Taimiyyah sur les Nosairis," in Journal asiatique (ser.
- A fatwa is a decision according to Koran and Sunna, but without reasons, on an abstract case of law which is brought before the mufti by appeal from the cadi's judgment or by reference from the cadi himself.