Fatima sentence example
- As a mere boy he distinguished himself by being one of the first to declare his adhesion to the cause of Mahomet, who some years afterwards gave him his daughter Fatima in marriage.
- He was believed to have descended in direct line from Ali by his wife Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet Mahomet.
- The hereditary principle had not been recognized by Islam in the cases of Abu Bekr, Omar and Othman; it had had some influence upon the choice of Ali, the husband of Fatima and the cousin of the Prophet.
- The Carmathian revolt, one of the first of the great splits in the Moslem world, was followed by others: in 936 Egypt declared its independence, under a line of caliphs which claimed descent from Fatima, daughter of the prophet (see Fatimites); and in 996 Hakim Bi-amrillah mounted the Egyptian throne.
- Nevertheless, Fatima 's project has successfully established a member- based organization for farmwomen (also open to men) to build collective solidarity.Advertisement
- Travelers to the Chicago World's Fair were eager to see dancers such as Fatima (also known as "Little Egypt").
- On the ticketing crew you find Gina, Denise, Mike, Ken, Tim, Lori, Tiffany, Marylin, Fatima, Shawn, Roberta, Luz, Paul, Jim, Carmen, Marlene, Lisa, Jeff, Danielle, and Brian.
- Apart from the tribesmen there is in Hejaz and south Arabia a privileged, religious class, the Sharifs or Seyyids, who claim descent from Mahomet through his daughter Fatima.
- He had eight wives after Fatima's death, and in all, it is said, thirtythree children, one of whom, Hassan, a son of Fatima, succeeded him in the caliphate.
- His descendants by Fatima are known as the Fatimites (q.v.; see also Egypt: History, Mahommedan period).Advertisement
- Of this description are the Anbiyanama, or history of the pre-Mahommedan prophets, by IIasanI Shabistarl Ayani (before the 8th century of the Hegira); Ibn 1-Iusams Khawartzama (1427; 830 A.11.), of the deeds of All; Badhils ~Iamla-i-Jjaidari, which was completed by Najaf (1723; 1135 A.H.), or the life of Mahommed and the first four caliphs; Ka~ims Fara~~inama-i-Fa4ima, the book of joy of Fatima, Mahomets daughter (1737; 1150 A.H.)all four in the epic metre of the Shahnama; and the prose stories of ~Iatim Tai, the famous model of liberality and generosity in preIslamitic times; of Am-Zr ~Iamzah, the uncle of Mahomet; and of the Mu~jizat-i-Ms?sa~wi, or the miraculous deeds of Moses, by MuIn-almiskin (died about 1501; 907 A.I-L).
- Nevertheless, Fatima's project has successfully established a member- based organization for farmwomen (also open to men) to build collective solidarity.
- On the fall of the Omayyad dynasty at Damascus, the title was assumed by the Spanish branch of the family who ruled in Spain at Cordova (75510 3 1), and the Fatimite rulers of Egypt, who pretended to descent from Ali, and Fatima, Mahomet's daughter, also assumed the name (see Fatimites).
- This is the way to Wadi Fatima and Medina, the Jidda road branching off from it to the left.
- He was buried at Kum, where is situated the shrine of Fatima, daughter of Imam Riza, by the side of his grandfather, Fath Au, and other kings of Persia.Advertisement