Fathomed sentence example
- In short, scientists have not yet fathomed the nature of consciousness, its origins, or its role in Nature.
- The Quinarians, who boldly asserted that they had fathomed the mystery of creation, had been shown to be no wiser than other men, if indeed they had not utterly befooled themselves; for their theory at best could give no other explanation of things than that they were because they were.
- Successive nations perchance have drank at, admired, and fathomed it, and passed away, and still its water is green and pellucid as ever.
- I fathomed it easily with a cod-line and a stone weighing about a pound and a half, and could tell accurately when the stone left the bottom, by having to pull so much harder before the water got underneath to help me.
- She felt he had a world apart, which he loved passionately and which had laws she had not fathomed.Advertisement
- No one could have fathomed how much of an impact the original Apple iPhone would have on the marketplace.
- During one Time magazine interview, she told fans, "I could not have fathomed working Apple's first year.