Fatherless sentence example
- At his death in 1624 Heriot left his estate in trust to the magistrates and ministers of Edinburgh for the maintenance and teaching of poor fatherless sons of freemen.
- The fatherless child had sore trials.
- The outraged Scottish lords rose in revolt in the name of the now fatherless Prince James.
- Most I regret parting with my family; many of them are unprotected and will be left fatherless.
- And now that poor girl has to give birth to a fatherless baby.Advertisement
- The Hero, Left At The Head Of A Fatherless Family Of Twelve When Nearly Through College, Turns From The Glut Of Graduates Swarming Round The Prospects Of Professional City Bred Careers, Steadfastly Wrests A Home From The Wilderness, Helps His Brothers And Sisters, Marries A Habitante Fit For The Wife Of A Pioneer,.
- Noteworthy, again, is the appeal to religious and ethical considerations in order to prevent injustice to the widow and fatherless and to unhappy debtors; statutory laws are either unknown, or, more probably, are presupposed.
- Left fatherless at an early age, he was educated under the care of his uncle, a Camaldolese monk, who in 1627 sent him to Rome to study science under the Benedictine Benedetto Castelli (1577-1644), professor of mathematics at the Collegio, di Sapienza.
- We also note the same generous inclusion of the household slaves and of the resident alien as well as the fatherless and widow that characterizes the autumnal festival of "Booths."
- In many ways I grew up fatherless, at least emotionally, with a father that was physically present but never emotionally.Advertisement
- Christ's hospital was specially devoted to fatherless and motherless children.