Fat-tailed sentence example
- animals in the steppe the first place belongs to the camel; next come goat and sheep (not the ordinary fat-tailed variety); the common buffalo is often kept by the Arabs and the Turkomans on the Euphrates and the Tigris; on the Euphrates is found the Indian zebu.
- Sheep, of which there are very large flocks, belong to the short and fat-tailed variety.
- In Angola occurs a breed of this sheep which has probably been crossed with the fat-tailed Malagasy breed; while in Guinea there is a breed with lappets, or wattles, on the throat, which is probably the result of a cross with the lop-eared sheep of the same district.
- Hairy long-legged sheep are also met with in Persia, but are not pure-bred, being apparently the result of a cross between the long-legged Guinea breed and the fat-tailed Persian sheep.
- In fat-tailed sheep, on the other hand, which have much the same distribution, the coat is woolly and generally piebald.Advertisement
- The fat-tailed sheep, goats and swine have also been naturalized, as well as all kinds of domestic poultry.