Fat body sentence example
- von Wielowiejski (1882), of cells similar to those of the fat-body, containing a substance that undergoes oxidation.
- The luminous organs of these beetles consist of a specialized part of the fat-body, with an inner opaque and an outer transparent layer.
- This cavity contains an irregular mass of whitish tissue, the fat-body, consisting of fat-cells which undergo degradation and become more or less filled with urates.
- The fat-body is therefore the seat of important metabolic processes in the hexapod body.
- This latter, as well as the heart and the walls of the blood spaces, arises by the modification of mesodermal cells, and the body cavity is formed by the enlargement and coalescence of the blood channels and by the splitting of the fat body.Advertisement
- f, Fat body.
- By the aid of this the larva makes its way into the soft body of some insect larva, Ephemerids, Chironomids, or even of Molluscs, and encysts in the muscles or fat body.
- Beneath the cuticle of these regions are situated the luminous organs, consisting of layers of cells which may be regarded as a specialized portion of the fat-body) Both the male and female fireflies emit light, as well as their larvae and eggs, the egg being luminous even while still in the ovary.
- Each coelomic pouch - as traced by Heymons in his study on the development of the cockroach (Phyllo- dromia) - divides into three parts, of which the most dorsal contains the primitive germ-cells, the median disappears, and the ventral loses its boundaries as it becomes filled up with the growing fat body (fig.