Fasciculation sentence example
- These include stiffness at rest, slow muscle relaxation, and spontaneous contractions of a muscle at rest (fasciculation).
- Fasciculation is a type of painless muscle spasm, marked by rapid, uncoordinated contraction of many small muscle fibers.
- Fasciculation may be due to fatigue, cold, medications, metabolic disorders, nerve damage, or neurodegenerative disease, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Most people experience brief, mild fasciculation from time to time, usually in the calves.
- Fasciculation may occur at rest or after muscle contraction and may last several minutes.Advertisement