Farrand sentence example
- (Morgan, Houses and House Life; Farrand, p. 2 86.) Stone-working was universal in America.
- With the Mexicans war was a passion, but warfare was little above the raid (Bandelier; Farrand).
- Bouger and La Condamine were the first to reach its brink in 1742, after which Humboldt made the ascent in 1802, Boussingault and Hall in 1831, Garcia Moreno and Sebastian Wisse in 1844 and 1845 (descending into the crater for the first time), Garcia Moreno and Jameson in 1857, Farrand and Hassaurek in 1862, Orton in 1867, and Whymper in 1880.
- Farrand spent more than a week in the crater trying to get some good photographic views, and Orton has given a graphic description of his experiences in the same place.
- Farrand speaks of physical, linguistic, geographic, and cultural criteria, the first two the more exact, the latter more convenient and sometimes the only feasible bases.Advertisement
- (See Farrand, chap. xviii.) The study of mechanics involves materials, tools, processes and products.