Farmsteads sentence example
- Mimosa and the wild wilge-boom (Salix capensis) are the common trees on the banks and rivers, while the weeping willow is frequent round the farmsteads.
- It has been proved, however, that certain kinds of trees if protected will grow also on the prairie, as may be seen around many of the older farmsteads.
- Before the valves in the dam were closed, the village of Llanwddyn, the parish church, and many farmsteads were demolished.
- The process was not so hard as might be thought; when once the Danes had settled down, had brought over wives from their native land or taken them from among their English vassals, had built themselves farmsteads and accumulated flocks and herds, they lost their old advantage in contending with the English.
- More permanent settlements away from the coast began to appear in the Bronze Age with small dispersed farmsteads in new areas.Advertisement
- The whole area has an enclosed, isolated character, with derelict stone walls on the upper slopes and abandoned stone farmsteads and barns.
- Two Romano-British farmsteads, located near to each other upon the Downs, not far from the coast.
- In highland Britain a pattern of scattered farmsteads remained the norm.
- The track runs down past the site of two medieval farmsteads.
- National Archeology Week finishes on Sunday 23 July with a fascinating guided tour of one of Dartmoor's historic farmsteads.Advertisement
- If coastal isn't your scene, look for art or decorations with other simple country cottage motifs such as dolls, cuddly animals, farmsteads, and flowers.