Far-eastern sentence example
- Turning to the tailless or so-called Manx cats, in which the tail should be represented merely by a tuft of hair without any remnant of bone, it seems that the strain is to be met with in many parts of Russia, and there is a very general opinion that it originally came from Japan or some other far eastern country.
- The fleet is divided into the Mediterranean squadron, the Northern squadron, the Atlantic division, the Far Eastern division, the Pacific division, the Indian Ocean division, the Cochin China division.
- He made clear his belief that the question was closely connected with the problems of the Pacific and Far East, and invitations were also sent accordingly to China and to the smaller European powers with Far-Eastern interests - Holland, Belgium and Portugal.
- The President made it clear that he regarded the conference merely as a step in securing international understanding and good will; he advocated the convening of succeeding conferences as a possible means of securing an international association for the promotion of peace, and he approved the principle of substituting an understanding between the United States, Great Britain, France and Japan regarding Far-Eastern problems, for the existing Anglo-Japanese Treaty.
- Further, Dragomirov, a higher military authority even than Kuropatkin, declared that " Far Eastern affairs were decided in Europe."Advertisement
- A considerable trade is also done through Hong-Kong and other Far Eastern ports.
- In Far Eastern countries firearms are widely possessed and used.
- The immense and incalculable problems involved in the rise of Japan, the awakening of China, and their relations to the European powers and to America - known as the Far Eastern Question - are comparatively but affairs of yesterday.
- The Lapps have a dim tradition that their ancestors lived in a far eastern land, and they tell rude stories of conflicts with Norsemen and Karelians.
- The Nicobarese may be best described as a Far Eastern race, having generally the characteristics of the less civilized tribes of the Malay Peninsula and the south-eastern portion of the Asiatic continent, and speaking varieties of the Mon-Annam group of languages, though the several dialects that prevail are mutually unintelligible.Advertisement
- The church sits at the far eastern end of the village green, hard against the Norfolk border.
- However, the design capability is largely reliant on limited Far Eastern silicon foundry capacity.
- The great lagoon was making its own weather: in the far eastern corner there were gray pillars of a rain squall.
- Art Deco blends Far Eastern design with Greek, Roman and Egyptian themes.