Fang sentence example
- At the touch of the first fang, her eyes flew open.
- How does the shape of a mountain remind you of a wolf's fang?
- Fang reliquary head, co-founder of Sainsbury Collection with Guro dance mask African objects can be displayed in a variety of ways.
- The " retrovert " or bent-back first pair of appendages is provided with a poison gland opening on the fang or terminal segment.
- North of the latter lies the Gabun, with a large number of small tribes dominated by the Fang who are recent arrivals from the Congo.Advertisement
- Canines are fang teeth at the front of mouths which carnivores use to rip chunks of meat from their prey.
- The three principal tribes in the Gabun are the Mpongwe, the Fang and the Bakalai.
- All spiders possess a pair of poison-glands, one in each of the chelicerae or mandibles and opening by means of a duct at the tip of the fang.
- In later times this gradual pressure from the south-east became greater, and resulted, at a comparatively recent date, in the irruption of the Fang into the Gabun.
- This poison fang is supplied with venom from a gland in the head.Advertisement
- Many of these creations are available online.Jewelry designer Stephen Einhorn of Designed for Individuals created a collection of fang necklaces and rings for the True Blood cast during the first season of the show.
- In the other venomous snakes (viperines and crotalines) the maxillary bone is very short, and is armed with a single very long curved fang with a canal and aperture at each end.
- Then follows a decree of the emperor (T`ait-sung, a very famous prince), issued in 638, in favour of the new doctrine, and ordering a church to be built in the square of justice and peace (Ining fang) in the capital.
- The chairs on the British system weigh about 45 or 50 lb each on important lines, though they may be less where the traffic is light, and are fixed to the sleepers each by two, three or four fastenings, either screw spikes, or round drift bolts entered in holes previously bored, or fang bolts or wooden trenails.
- The so-called colubrine venomous snakes, which retain in a great measure an external resemblance to the innocuous snakes, have the maxillary bone not at all, or but little, shortened, armed in front with a fixed, erect fang, which is provided with a deep groove or canal for the conveyance of the poison, the fluid being secreted by a special poison-gland.Advertisement
- Gentile Christians had not felt the fang of the Law as the ex-Pharisee had occasion to feel it.