Fane sentence example
- " Even in a patent passed to Sir Ralph Fane, knight under Edward VI., he is called ` baronettus ' for ` bannerettus.'
- A law of the republic required every merchant trading to the East to bring back some material for the adornment of the fane.
- It was the most eastern of the chapels in that ancient fane.
- From 1761 to 1763 Governor John Wentworth of New Hampshire issued 108 grants, and settlements were established in Brattleboro, Putney, Westminster, Halifax, Marlborough, Wilmington, New Fane, Rockingham, Townshend, Vernon (Hinsdale) and Dummerston (all in Windham county, except Vernon, which is in Cheshire county).
- The Memoires are contained in the collection of Michaud and Poujoulat, and have been published separately by Guessard (the best, 1842), Lalanne, Caboche, &c. An English translation with introduction by Violet Fane appeared in 1892.Advertisement
- 8 Sir Ralph Fane, Sir Francis Bryan and Sir Ralph Sadler were created bannerets by the Lord Protector Somerset after the battle of Pinkie in 1547, and the better opinion is that this was the last occasion on which the dignity was conferred.
- Below Col. Fane's monument is an ancient altar tomb, without any inscription or arms, under a Gothic canopy.
- Below Col. Fane 's monument is an ancient altar tomb, without any inscription or arms, under a Gothic canopy.
- Mr Fane drew attention to the fact that the vagrants relieved during the last fortnight were 138, as against 79 last year.