Fancifully sentence example
- Tailored Looks: Lingerie that's simple, but fancifully planned, comes from Rampage.
- As the waves of the sea are fancifully compared to horses, so a field of corn, waving in the breeze, may be said to represent the wedding of the sea-god and the corn-goddess.
- To the north-west lies the Fryksdal or valley of the Nors River, containing three beautiful lakes and fancifully named the "Swedish Switzerland."
- A group of these columns, from their arrangement, have been fancifully named the "Giant's Organ."
- Finally, inference is an extension, not of ideas, but of beliefs, at first about existing things, afterwards about ideas, and even about words; about anything in short about which we think, in what is too fancifully called " the universe of discourse."Advertisement
- Fancifully shaped seals also occur, but they are comparatively rare.
- Nant Colwyn is on the road from Carnarvon to Beddgelert, beyond Llyn y gader (gadair), "chair pool," and what tourists have fancifully called Pitt's head, a roadside rock resembling, or thought to resemble, the great statesman's profile.
- It lies in the midst of a remarkable volcanic district generally known as the Hot Spring district, or fancifully as the Wonderland, which covers an area of 660 sq.
- The ear may be regarded, fancifully, as a lichen, Umbilicaria, on the side of the head, with its lobe or drop.
- Edgy and slightly eclectic, these dresses are fancifully whimsical and they perfectly capture the magic that is prom night.Advertisement