Familiarized sentence example
- It may be familiarized by the following illustrations.
- By the side of these greater things it may seem little, and yet, just because it is little, it is all the more significant that the Crusades should have familiarized Europe with new plants, new fruits, new manufactures, new colours, and new fashions in dress.
- Ganin, and familiarized to English readers through the writings of Sir J.
- His father, William George Spencer, was a schoolmaster, and his parents' religious convictions familiarized him with the doctrines of the Methodists and Quakers.
- Rennell and Elphinstone familiarized it.Advertisement
- The sons of the family were familiarized with vice, and the general tone of the younger generation was lowered by their intimate association with a despised and degraded class.
- The wife of John Casimir, a Frenchwoman, Marie Louise, hired a troop of French actors and first familiarized the Poles with something which resembled the modern stage.
- Not only should the names be carefully selected with special reference to the objects which the map is intended to serve, and to prevent overcrowding by the introduction of names which can serve no useful object, but they should also be arranged in such a manner as to be read easily by a person consulting the map. It is an accepted rule now that the spelling of names in countries using the Roman alphabet should be retained, with such exceptions as have been familiarized by long usage.
- The problem of the heavens is essentially a mechanical one; and without the mechanical conceptions of the dependence of motion upon force which Galileo familiarized to men's minds, that problem might have remained a sealed book even to the intelligence of Newton.
- - When Bessemer discovered that by simply blowing air through molten cast iron rapidly he could make low-carbon steel, which is essentially wrought iron greatly improved by being freed from its essential defect, its necessarily weakening and embrittling slag, the very expensive and exhausting puddling process seemed doomed, unable to survive the time when men should have familiarized themselves with the use of Bessemer steel, and should have developed the evident possibilities of cheapness of the Bessemer process.Advertisement
- For his speculations on sets had already familiarized him with the idea that multiplication might in certain cases not be commutative; so that, as the last term in the above product is made up of the two separate terms ijyz' and jizy', the term would vanish of itself when the factorlines are coplanar provided ij = - ji, for it would then assume the form ij(yz' - zy').
- familiarized with the work before the Mississippi book's publication.
- Once you have familiarized yourself with the basics of origami-the terms, folds and bases-you can begin to make origami things for your home and office.
- "Certainly, it makes it easier for the person who was before not as familiarized with the product."
- The aim of the executive summary is to get the reader familiarized with what is to come, in more detail, in the primary document.Advertisement
- Once you've got a few select recipes familiarized, you'll be able to plan fancy appetizers easily with almost no extra effort.
- This is a great way to get familiarized with the show and catch up on the past few months.