Falun sentence example
- FALUN, a town of Sweden, capital of the district (lain) of Kopparberg, 153 m.
- Falun has also railway rolling-stock factories.
- The so-called "Gothenburg System" of municipal control over the sale of spirits was actually devised at Falun as early as 1850.
- OSCAR JOSEF ALIN (1846-1900), Swedish historian and politician, was born at Falun on the 22nd of December 1846.
- Falun >>Advertisement
- between Lakes Vener and Vetter to Stockholm, Falun and the north; E.
- The large deposits at Falun in Sweden occur with serpentine in gneiss, and those at Montecatini, near Volterra in the province of Pisa, serpentine and gabbro.
- The Dal river, which enters the Gulf of Bothnia near Gefle, is formed of the union of eastern and western branches (Oster Dal, Rivers of Vester Dal) not far from the town of Falun.
- Copper pyrites occur at Falun in mica-schists, surrounded by halleflinta.
- Copper has been mined at Falun since the 14th century; it is also produced at Atvidaberg in Ostergotland.Advertisement
- A little gold and silver are extracted at Falun, and the silver mines at Sala in Vestmanlands Lan have been worked at least since the 16th century, but here again the output has decreased.
- There are schools of mining at Stockholm (the higher school), Falun and Filipstad in Vermland.
- The great mechanical works are found at or near Malmo, Stockholm, JOnkoping, Trollhattan, Motala on Lake Vetter, Lund, Gothenburg, Karlstad, Falun and Eskilstuna, which is especially noted for its cutlery.
- A few other establishments including both mechanical workshops and ore-extraction works may be mentioned: Domnarfvet, on the Dal River, near Falun; Sandviken, near Gefle; and Bofors in Orebro Lan.