In 1347 the remainder of Zealand was redeemed, and the southern isles, Laaland, Falster and Mon, also fell into the king's strenuous hands.
On Falster is the port of NykjObing, and from Gjedser, the extreme southern point of Denmark, communication is maintained with Warnemiinde in Germany (29 m.).
This system is also in use on the line which runs south fromRoskilde to the island of Falster, from the southernmost point of which, Gjedser, ferrysteamers taking railway cars serve Warnemunde in Germany.
(2) Covering the islands of Laaland and Falster, Maribo.
There are seven dioceses, Fiinen, Laaland and Falster, Aarhus, Aalborg, Viborg and Ribe, while the primate is the bishop of Zealand, and resides at Copenhagen, but his cathedral is at Roskilde.
Zealand, Moen, Falster and Laaland), Jutland (with Fyen) and Skaane.
Christian Falster (1690-1752) wrote satires of some merit, but most of his work is in Latin.
By narrow straits separating it from Falster, Mien, and smaller islands, and W.
The railway here crosses a great bridge on to the small Masnedo, whence there is a ferry to Orehoved on Falster island, a link in the direct route between Copenhagen and Berlin.
The real physical boundary between the North Sea and the Baltic is formed by the plateau on which the islands Zealand, Fiinen and Laaland are situated, and its prolongation from the islands Falster and Moen to the coasts of Mecklenburg and Riigen.
The circulation of water in the Baltic proper must be considered apart from the circulation in the channels connecting it with the Circu1 North Sea; and in this relation the plateau connecting the islands Falster and Moen with the coast of Mecklen burg and Rugen must be taken as the dividing line.
Their salter waters must have been originally derived from outside, and must therefore have passed over the plateau between Falster and Mecklenburg, but their horizontal extension is checked by the ridges separating the deep hollows in the Baltic from each other.
NYKJOBING, a seaport of Denmark, in the amt (county) of Maribo, on the west shore of the island of Falster, 94 m.