Falsified sentence example
- The result has falsified all sinister forebodings.
- But the preaching of the false Jewish Christians gained the upper hand; nay, they even falsified the evangelical oracles and the letters of Paul.
- This calculation was falsified by events.
- Probably no examples surpass those on the west doors of Notre Dame in Paris - unhappily much falsified by restoration.
- But as the narrative is only exact in details down to the death of Frederick William, the great elector, in 1688, and as all prophecies of the period subsequent to that time were falsified by events, the poem came to be regarded as a compilation and the date of its authorship placed about the year 1684.Advertisement
- Make a falsified claim and it can and will be discovered.
- To the last he believed that the attacking force would at least have spared his house, which contained official records of priceless value, but he was doomed to see his faith falsified.
- Cobden has left a deep mark on English history, but he was not himself a "scientific economist," and many of his confident prophecies were completely falsified.
- The falsification by the recording is the greater because it gives verisimilitude to what has already been falsified ' .
- The falsification by the recording is the greater because it gives verisimilitude to what has already been falsified '.Advertisement
- In the event of litigation, any incorrect or falsified information may seriously jeopardize your case.
- Paris falsified records to hide his own culpability, was found out and court-martialed.
- Moreover, the Liberal promises of economy had been largely falsified, the reductions in the navy estimates being dangerous in themselves, while the income tax still remained at practically the war level.
- 2 Finally, for this was an important year 1 Apart from the fact that there were probably no children at all, the whole bearing of the belief of Rousseau that they were sent by him to the Enfants trouves has been falsified by hostile writers.
- Similarly, in Notre Dame de Lorette; etude critique sur l'authenticite de la Santa Casa (1906), he dissipated by the aid of authentic documents the legend which had embellished and falsified the primitive history of that sanctuary.Advertisement
- The famous correspondence produced next year in evidence against her at the conference of York may have been, as her partisans affirm, so craftily garbled and falsified by interpolation, suppression, perversion, or absolute forgery as to be all but historically worthless.
- Contradictions are often copied down without the writer noticing them; and since the middle ages forged and falsified so many documents, - monasteries, towns and corporations gaining privileges or titles of possession by the bold use of them, - the narrative of medieval writers cannot be relied upon unless we can verify it by collateral evidence.
- He then falsified all the predictions of the opposition by going to war with Denmark, not, as they had required, in support of Augustenburg, but on the ground that the king of Denmark had violated his promise not to oppress his German subjects.