Falseness sentence example
- But the truth or falseness of socialism does not affect the theory of history.
- A hurried outline of each of these vital branches of our civilization will at once reveal the falseness of the usual periodizing.
- In this way grew up the "religion of the poets," whose falseness and shallowness was patent even to contemporary thinkers.
- can only be overthrown by proving the application of criticism to the Old Testament to be in itself unlawful, or else by proving the falseness or inconclusiveness of all its mutually independent judgments one by one.
- Lethington had not left her, but he was overlooked; Lennox and the impracticable Darnley were neglected; and the dangerous earl of Morton, a Douglas, had to tremble for his lands and office as chancellor, while Mary rested on her foreign secretary, the upstart David Riccio; on Sir James Balfour, noted for falseness even in that age; and on Bothwell.Advertisement
- (1895), collections of addresses, each taking its title from a lecture criticizing the shallowness and falseness of society, the power of money, &c., A Memoir of Dr Samuel G.
- Oresme was the author of several works on astrology, in which he showed its falseness as a science and denounced its practice.