Falsehoods sentence example
- outright falsehoods.
- These crude ideas of Cromwell's character were extinguished by Macaulay's irresistible logic, by the publication of Cromwell's letters by Carlyle in 1845, which showed Cromwell clearly to be "not a man of falsehoods, but a man of truth"; and by Gardiner, whom, however, it is somewhat difficult to follow when he represents Cromwell as "a typical Englishman."
- But if they venture on such falsehoods while I am still alive, how much more when I am gone will those who come after me dare to do so!"
- Your argument otherwise is to repeat falsehoods, seeming to imagine that through repetition they will come true.
- The most blatant falsehoods are in respect of temporal structure.Advertisement
- These show that the very few facts known with certainty were freely supplemented by a number of ill-founded conjectures, and sometimes even by " figments and falsehoods, which in the earliest times, no less than nowadays, used to be put forth by raw smatterers and copyists to be swallowed of men."
- Ibn 'Abbas, a cousin of Mahomet, and the chief source of the traditional exegesis of the Koran, has, on theological and other grounds, given currency to a number of falsehoods; and at least some of his pupils have emulated his example.
- De Quincey has said that the book is equally divided between "empty truisms and time-serving Dutch falsehoods."
- I don't want to appear deliberately argumentative, but there are falsehoods in that statement.
- So a religious school teaching young-earth creationism or other demonstrable falsehoods would be bad.Advertisement
- Some typical examples included: Example 1 - An application for employment contains material falsehoods.
- inaccuracycareer history should be explained and falsehoods and inaccuracies avoided at all costs.
- This is the reason for the governments pack of fantastic lies - which are daily being exposed as cynically manipulated falsehoods.
- There are two widespread falsehoods that are often used to justify the " debt overhang " assumption.
- uttered falsehoods so many times, had broken his pledges, had wives and even ` married ' 16,000 ladies!Advertisement
- Once Madame Roland appeared personally in the Assembly to repel the falsehoods of an accuser, and her ease and dignity evoked enthusiasm and compelled acquittal.
- Sri Krishna had indeed uttered falsehoods so many times, had broken his pledges, had wives and even ` married ' 16,000 ladies !
- Adults, on the other hand, have years of experience with telling falsehoods, and most have learned how to tell lies quite efficiently without any real fear of being discovered.