False-alarm sentence example
- I took time before retiring for the day to telephone Martha with the good news Julie's break in was a false alarm.
- The defeats undergone by their outpost detachment had profoundly affected the nerves of the troops, and on the afternoon of the 11th, on the false alarm of a French approach, a panic broke out in the streets of Jena, and it took all the energy of Hohenlohe and his staff to restore order.
- Army, whose task had been rendered more difficult by the fact that the permanent bridges at Casarsa had been blown up prematurely, owing to a false alarm.
- In November a false alarm went out on a calm Tuesday evening.
- The effect on the miss, false alarm and segment impurity rates is given in Table 5.Advertisement
- When the perceived danger is false, the body experiences a false alarm and triggers a panic attack.
- There are extremely steep fines for such an occurrence which would be defined by the Federal Aviation Administration as a false alarm.