Falls-about sentence example
- above sea-level, and lies at the junction of the two forks of the Black river, each of which falls about 50 ft.
- It is celebrated for its falls about 2 m.
- Before the departure of the Israelites from Egypt their year commenced at the autumnal equinox; but in order to solemnize the memory of their deliverance, the month of Nisan or Abib, in which that event took place, and which falls about the time of the vernal equinox, was afterwards regarded as the beginning of the ecclesiastical or legal year.
- of elevation the temperature falls about 1 ° F., and snow lies for most of the time on the highest mountains.
- The temperature in summer is tropical, but after noon falls about to F.Advertisement
- The valley here is wide and deep, the banks of the river bold and picturesque, and the tide rises and falls about 25 ft.
- Columbia is picturesquely situated on the level top of a bluff overlooking the Congaree, which falls about 36 ft.
- above the Gulf of Finland, but it rises and falls about 7 ft., according to atmospheric conditions, a phenomenon very similar to the seiches of the Lake of Geneva being observed in connexion with this.
- The tide rises and falls about 4 ft.
- of elevation the temperature falls about 1 Ã‚° F., and snow lies for most of the time on the highest mountains.Advertisement