Fallows sentence example
- In winter, however, and in fallows loss takes place in the subsoil water.
- The rotation of crops is not adopted as a principle of cultivation; but in practice it is well known that a succession of exhausting crops cannot be taken in consecutive seasons from the same field, and the advantage of fallows is widely recognized.
- No room was left for intermediate or temporary forms such as forest fallows.
- Background The spatial distribution of rice fallows in South Asia was documented using a GIS approach.
- The reduction in rotation of cereal crops with other land covers (including grass leys and fallows ).Advertisement
- Much advantage arises from the steam working of bastard fallows in summer, and after harvest a considerable amount of autumn cultivation can be done by steam power, thus materially lightening the work in the succeeding spring.
- In the province of Naples, Caserta, &c., the method of fallows is widely adopted, the ground often being left in this state for fifteen or twenty years; and in some parts of Sicily there is a regular interchange of fallow and crop year by year.