Fallowing sentence example
- The following are typical passages: " April is a good season for fallowing, if the earth breaks up behind the plough; for second fallowing after St John's Day when the dust rises behind the plough; for seed-ploughing when the earth is well settled and not too cracked; however, the busy man cannot be always waiting on the seasons."
- Summer fallowing for wheat is a practice that has gained ground in the North-West Provinces.
- Her boss allowed her to beg off a trip that would cut into the weekend, after she complained about exhaustion fallowing our recent wedding activities.
- Control of established plants is by removing the docks bodily after plowing or during bare or bastard fallowing.
- fallowing every 5th year over a 15 year period reduced seed numbers by 75% .Advertisement
- Farms were divided into infield and outfield; corn crops followed one another without the intervention of fallow, cultivated herbage or turnips, though something is said about fallowing the outfield; enclosures were very rare; the tenantry had not begun to emerge from a state of great poverty and depression; and the wages of labour, compared with the price of corn, were much lower than at present, though that price, at least in ordinary years, must appear extremely moderate in our times.
- In the introductory paper in Maxwell's collection we are told that " The practice of draining, enclosing, summer fallowing, sowing flax, hemp, rape, turnip and grass seeds, planting cabbages after, and potatoes with, the plough, in fields of great extent, is introduced; and that, according to the general opinion, more corn grows now yearly where it was never known to grow before, these twenty years last past, than perhaps a sixth of all that the kingdom was in use to produce at any time before."
- Consider Spring/Summer fallowing Weeds should also be removed from fence lines and, ideally, from neighboring land to avoid spread from wind-borne seed.
- Summer fallowing is, however, subject to one drawback: the strong growth which it induces is apt to retard the ripening of the grain.
- fallowing for a year.Advertisement
- presentation of the trophies will be made fallowing the AGM.