Falling-short sentence example
- The Cid of history, though falling short of the poetical ideal which the patriotism of his countrymen has so long cherished, is still the foremost man of the heroical period of Spain - the greatest warrior produced out of the long struggle between Christian and Moslem, and the perfect type of the Castilian of the 12th century.
- Here he, first of known English writers, sets forth a doctrine which, while falling short of the Anabaptist theory that the civil ruler has no standing in the affairs of the Church, in that religion is a matter of the individual conscience before God, yet marks a certain advance upon current views.
- It is still more at variance with the facts in these days when a few great states predominate, and when the contact of western states with African and Asiatic states or communities gives rise to relations of dependence falling short of conquest.
- The Lunar Year, Therefore, Contained 354 Days, Falling Short Of The Exact Time Of Twelve Lunations By About 8.8 Hours.
- The actual church is always falling short of its profession; but its successive reformations witness to the strength of its longing after the beauty of holiness.Advertisement
- It may, like the Stoic, assert freedom by holding aloof from the entanglements of real life, or like the sceptic regard the world as a delusion, or finally, as the " unhappy consciousness " (Ungliickliches Bewusstseyn), may be a recurrent falling short of a perfection which it has placed above it in the heavens.
- You've got the talent and the equipment, so why are your photographs falling short of perfection?
- He is feeling pressures at home to succeed, falling short and acting out behaviorally because of his disappointment in himself.
- While falling short of telling you how much to spend or not, I would just recommend that you not spend over $30 or so if this is your first attempt at trying to nail down some Pinot Noir descriptions.
- If you're just looking for a general, catchall kind of insurance against falling short of some vital nutrient, go for something with close to 100 percent of RDA of everything.Advertisement
- If you think you're falling short of your daily requirements, there are high fiber supplements available that may help.
- Additionally, they often have an irrational worry of falling short in some way.