Fallen-short sentence example
- The execution had again fallen short of the conception; Blucher though beaten was not destroyed, nor was his line with Wellington cut.
- The famines of the 'forties, with their subsequent political and economic difficulties, transferred to America millions of the Irish, whose genius for organization in politics has not fallen short of their zeal for religion.
- The voyage had fallen short of Hudson's expectations, but it served many purposes perhaps as important to the world.
- The fact - that England recovered with marvellous rapidity from the evil effects of, ~thelreds disastrous reign, and achieved great wealth and prosperity under Canute, would seem to show that the ravages of Sw~yn, widespread and ruthless though they had been, had yet fallen short of the devastating completeness of those of the earlier vikings.
- We have fallen short of the glory of God and we find it difficult to remain sinless.Advertisement
- However much the administrators may have fallen short in actual practice, the Spanish ideal was to preserve and civilize the native races, rather than to establish lucrative trading posts where the natives might be easily exploited.
- If needed, a Naturopath can also use prescription drugs, but this is typically a last resort if more holistic methods have fallen short.