Fall-to-pieces sentence example
- For forty years after the death of its founder it remained united under the authority of a series of grand khans chosen from among his descendants, and then it began to fall to pieces till the various fractions of it became independent khanates.
- The situation was critical, for the hard-won domains of the house of Capet seemed likely to fall to pieces during a minority.
- Generally speaking, however, each tribe formed a political unit in itself, and the combinations brought together from time to time in the hands of powerful kings were liable to fall to pieces after the first disaster.
- While these events were in progress, it seemed not impossibi that the Austrian empire would fall to pieces.
- to fall to pieces.Advertisement
- By 1640 the feebleness of the monarchy was so notorious that it began to fall to pieces.