Fall-away sentence example
- They are no consolidated party, but to Mahomet they are all equally vexatious, because, as soon as danger has to be encountered, or a contribution is levied, they all alike fall away.
- Pinus) of the upper cell-layers of the seminiferous scale, which have become detached and, in some cases, adhere loosely to the seed as a thin membrane; the loose attachment may be of use to the seeds when they are blown against the branches of trees, in enabling them to fall away from the wing and drop to the ground.
- They are closely conjoined, since they arise at the same base, share the same object and fall away together.
- A quick puff of breath opens the chamber which is allowed to fall away from the blower to produce this pendant bulb shape.
- The realities sati is not aware of arise and then fall away completely.Advertisement
- upthrust of granite before the slopes fall away to a pronounced gap.
- The establishment of Singh Sabhas, of Sikh newspapers, and the spread of education have largely tended in the same direction, but the strict ethical code of Sikhism and the number of its obligatory divine services have caused many to fall away from the faith: nor does the austere Sikh ritual appeal to women, who generally prefer Hinduism with its picturesque material worship and the brightness of its innumerable festivals.
- The North Tor is one last big upthrust of granite before the slopes fall away to a pronounced gap.
- Estrogen and progesterone levels then drop, triggering the uterine lining to gently fall away from the wall of the uterus, and to be shed through the vagina.
- If the 15th always was full moon day, the 7th would coincide well with half moon, but the 21st and 28th would fall away considerably from the moon's phases.Advertisement