Falklands sentence example
- Newfoundland, the West Indies, and the Falklands, and the chief oceanic islands are the Azores, Madeira, the Canaries, the Cape Verde Islands, Ascension, St Helena, Tristan da Cunha and Bouvet Island.
- Many of the valleys in the Falklands are occupied by pale glistening masses which at a little distance much resemble small glaciers.
- These " stone runs " are looked upon with great wonder by the shifting population of the Falklands, and they are shown to visitors with many strange speculations as to their mode of formation.
- Of aboriginal human inhabitants there is no trace in the Falklands, and the land fauna is very scanty.
- The development of this undertaking necessitated the establishment of stores and workshops at Stanley, and ships can be repaired and provided in every way; a matter of importance since not a few vessels, after suffering injury during heavy weather off Cape Horn, call on the Falklands in distress.Advertisement
- The Falklands are the seat of a colonial bishop. Education is compulsory.
- Amounting to a serious pest in Australasian colonies, it is also established in the Falklands and Kerguelen; its presence in much of Europe is attributed to early acclimatization, as it seems anciently to have been confined to the Iberian peninsula.
- Beached in the Falklands by a gale off Cape Horn, she became a coal hulk for five years, then rotted.
- Lynda Cash was Leading Medical Assistant Brian Waling when she served alongside the Duke of York on the carrier invincible in the Falklands.
- If separation of the continents occurred before kimberlite intrusion in Africa, then the Falklands would be unlikely to have diamond-bearing kimberlite intrusion in Africa, then the Falklands would be unlikely to have diamond-bearing kimberlite pipes.Advertisement
- Last November she became the first transsexual to march in the annual Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph when she accompanied fellow Falklands veterans.
- He found the sequel of his victory at the Falklands (see Falkland Islands Battle).
- The cruise, from the cruise line, Hurtigruten takes you from Buenos Aires to the Falklands to Antarctica and back.