Fairmont sentence example
- The principal districts are the Fairmont (or Upper Monongahela) and the Elk Garden (or Upper Potomac) in the northern, and the Pocahontas (or Flat Top) and the New and Kanawha rivers districts in the southern part of the state.
- The Monongahela has been improved by locks and dams to Fairmont.
- The principal cities of the state are Wheeling, Huntington, Parkersburg, Charleston (the capital), Martinsburg, Fairmont and Grafton.
- The St Francis, completely reconstructed since the fire, and the Fairmont are new.
- Thomas Klein, Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Fairmont Hotel San Francisco, has a wonderful story to tell about the cultural and historical significance of the hotel.Advertisement
- The Fairmont is one of California's most prestigious places to stay; located where Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square meet, hotel guests find themselves right in the heart of San Francisco's most popular areas.
- For more than a century, The Fairmont Hotel San Francisco has been synonymous with service excellence.
- Today, Fairmont President's Club, which is complimentary, offers an exceptional guest loyalty program and personalized room preferences which are noted at all Fairmont properties.
- The Fairmont's classic architecture sets it apart from the completion.
- In addition, due to its location atop exclusive Nob Hill, The Fairmont boasts unparalleled views of the Bay Area.Advertisement
- Since all of the cable car lines intersect in front of the hotel, The Fairmont is also just a ride away from the city's most popular attractions.
- The Fairmont's rich heritage is intertwined with history of San Francisco.
- Scheduled to open soon after April 18, 1906, The Fairmont survived The Great Earthquake that struck that day, but was ravaged by the subsequent fire.
- The Fairmont, which was designated San Francisco Landmark No. 185 in 1986, was named one of America's 150 Favorite Architectural Works in a public poll sponsored by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 2007.
- Julia Morgan, the first female graduate of Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris, was the architect of The Fairmont, which cost $5 million to build in 1907.Advertisement
- The Fairmont is a home-away-from-home for many celebrity guests and that is due in part to the hotel's discretion.
- In addition to debuting "I Left My Heart In San Francisco" in The Venetian Room, Tony Bennett likes to paint San Francisco scenes from his suite at The Fairmont.
- In the early 1970s, the Atlantic City Commissioner of Public Works proposed to change the names of Baltic and Mediterranean Avenues to Fairmont and Melrose Avenues.