Fair-weather sentence example
- Some of these are united to the mainland and to each other by jetties which curve round so as to form the Port de Refuge, a haven available only in fair weather.
- Further proof may be found in many of her titles - avaSvop vat (" rising from the sea "), e157rXota (" giver of prosperous voyages "), yaXrpala (" goddess of fair weather "), Karao r K07rc'a (" she who keeps a look-out from the heights ") - in the attribute of the dolphin, and the veneration in which she was held by seafarers.
- During the rains they are formidable torrents, but with the return of the fair weather they dwindle away, and during the hot season, with a few exceptions, they almost dry up. Clear and rapid as they descend the hills, on reaching the lowlands of the Konkan they become muddy and brackish creeks.
- It probably accounts for her appearance as a goddess of seafarers, the bestower of fair weather and prosperous voyages.
- Some passing fair-weather cumulus over Anglesey gave way to almost clear skies during the afternoon.Advertisement
- At noon there were many fair weather cumulus over Anglesey but cloud development to the N and S continued.
- Strong daytime sea breezes produce fair weather cumulus clouds on the immediate coastline.
- As you can see from some of the pictures above, we are not just fair-weather mountain bikers.
- Capris - These are the perfect fair weather jeans.
- Essentially, this technology helps your eyes to adjust quickly to changing conditions, and on a day when there might be a few fair weather clouds, this can be quite an advantage.Advertisement
- The dining room is absolutely gorgeous, and the restaurant has a spacious outdoor patio for fair weather.