Fair oaks sentence example
- below the city, on the 15th of May 1862, was increased by the battle of Fair Oaks and the Seven Days, after which the Army of the Potomac retreated.
- He commanded in the battle of Fair Oaks (May 31, 1862), and was so severely wounded as to be incapacitated for several months.
- The course of the battle of Seven Pines or Fair Oaks bore some resemblance to that of Shiloh; a sharp attack found the Unionists unprepared, and only after severe losses and many partial defeats could McClellan check the rebel advance.
- Smith near Fair Oaks.
- On this day Magruder with two divisions attacked superior forces about Fair Oaks and was repulsed, and again attacked at Savage Station with like results.Advertisement
- General Johnston was wounded he was elected bishop of Coventry and Lichfield, or Chester at the battle of Fair Oaks (Seven Pines) on the 31st of May 1862, as the see was often called, taking at his consecration the new and General Robert E.
- At the battle of Ball's Bluff (1861) he was severely wounded; he was again wounded at Fair Oaks (1862) and at Chancellorsville (1863), where he commanded a division.
- At Fair Oaks (Seven Pines) was fought on the 31st of May a bloody battle, ending the following day in a Confederate repulse.
- In March 1865 he was breveted major-general U.S.A. "for gallant and meritorious service in the battle of Ezra Church and during the campaign against Atlanta," and in 1893 received a Congressional medal of honour for bravery at Fair Oaks.
- SK Designs is a small business with larger than life ideas, offering innovative services such as MovableType blogs.5150 Fair Oaks Bl.Advertisement